LawSafe Systems, LLC
Terms of Service
LawSafe is owned and operated by LawSafe Systems, LLC, a Michigan limited liability company, and it may be referred for ease of reading as “LawSafe,” or “us,” “we,” or “our.” Whether you are an owner storing his or her private Documents and Information, a member of any owner’s Circle of Trust, or a Professional that assists such users, you may for ease of reading be referred to as a “user” and sometimes “you” or “your.” These Terms of Service govern your access to and use of LawSafe, and its content, features, products and services. These Terms of Service form a legally binding contract between all of our users and LawSafe Systems, LLC.
2. Acceptable Use. You agree to respect the privacy of other LawSafe users. You agree not to, and you shall take precautions to prevent anyone else to, share without prior, written authorization, or to so distribute, any user’s documents, financial or personal information, data about any such information, files, records, and images stored in your LawSafe (together “Documents and Information”), with any other person unless you have that person’s expressed, written consent and such dissemination is otherwise not in violation of any law or duty that may be imposed upon you by these Terms of Service or at law. You agree not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, right of privacy or other right of LawSafe, nor any such rights of other user of LawSafe. You agree in connection with your use of LawSafe not to violate any law, contractual or other legal duty that may be imposed upon you. You agree not to impersonate any user of LawSafe, including any of our employees or representatives. You agree and shall not access data not intended for you, not to attempt or engage in, directly or indirectly, the probing, scanning or testing of the vulnerability of our system or network or to breach security or authentication measures of LawSafe. You shall not attempt to interfere with the functionality of LawSafe, including without limitation by submitting, directly or indirectly, any Documents and Information that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party. You agree and shall not send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including without limitation “spoofing” or “phishing”; nor to forge any TCP/IP packet header.
3. Eligibility. Upon registering with LawSafe you represent and warrant you are 21 years of age or older, if you are not then you may not use LawSafe. You must comply with all applicable laws, rules, legal duties and regulations (collectively “Laws”), and your right to use LawSafe is revoked if you violate any such Laws.
4. Registration and Your Responsibilities. To register with LawSafe you established a personal password and a username which is your email address. Your email address may be the only way we may contact you. You are solely responsible for keeping the email address and password associated with your LawSafe account accurate, up to date and private. You are responsible for any actions you take within any LawSafe to which you have access. While LawSafe enables you to share access to the contents of your or another person’s LawSafe with other people (i.e. your Circle of Trust and your Professional of Record), nothing contained anywhere in any materials published by LawSafe is intended nor does it recommend or suggest you are required to or should share your Documents or Information with anyone else, your use of LawSafe is strictly voluntary. The selection of those people with whom you share your Documents and Information is likewise entirely up to you, you may voluntarily share such items or not. You agree to immediately inform LawSafe in writing if you have knowledge of any unauthorized access or use of the content of any LawSafe, of any actual or potential security breach. If you are establishing a Custodian account to store Documents and Information for another person(s) you represent and warrant to LawSafe that you have the legal authority to do so, and consent from that person(s), and if for any reason such authority or consent was revoked and modified you agree to so revoke or modify your access to his, her or their LawSafe, and the Data and Documents stored within it.
6. Professional of Record. Professional users such as attorneys, accountants and financial advisors, may be retained by you to assist you in establishing and using LawSafe. Professional users are neither partners of nor do any of them have an employer-employee relationship with LawSafe. You may or may not have a contractual or other relationship with such professional user independent of LawSafe, and that person may or may not have a professional, fiduciary or other duty to you. Anything and everything such professional may represent or do for you is represented and done independent of LawSafe in the exercise of that other professional’s own judgment. If such a professional is negligent, grossly or otherwise, commits fraud, or misrepresents a statement of fact or expresses any legal or other opinion on any legal, tax or other subject matter, that person is doing so independent of LawSafe and if you are damaged by such action, inaction, statement or representation your only recourse, if any, is with that person or persons and not with LawSafe. LawSafe does not evaluate, examine, qualify, test, oversee, manage, train or supervise any such professionals. Your decision to use a professional to assist you with establishing a LawSafe or managing it is your own decision and you understand and agree that such choice of professional, if any, is made without any reliance whatsoever upon LawSafe. However, if you purchase your LawSafe subscription directly from LawSafe Systems, LLC a LawSafe Representative will serve as your Professional of Record.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. USING THE INTERNET TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL OR PRIVATE INFORMATION, AND DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION, NECESSARILY INVOLVES THE TRANSMISSION OF SUCH DATA AND INFORMATION ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB. We cannot AND DO NOT guarantee 100% effective and fool-proof security. ALL CONTENT OF LAWSAFE, ALL COMMUNICATION FROM LAWSAFE, ALL FUNCTIONALITY OF LAWSAFE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY OF ANY FEATURE, EFFECTIVENESS OF ANY AUTOMATED COMMUNICATION, CONTENT, OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR SHAREHOLDERS/MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS, USERS, PARTNERS, AND PROFESSIONAL USERS, DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) LAWSAFE WILL FUNCTION TIMELY, IS SECURE, FREE FROM HACKING OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH LAWSAFE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (D) ANY DESIRED OR REQUIRED COMMUNICATION ORIGINATED FROM WITHIN THE LAWSAFE APPLICATION AND SENT VIA EMAIL OR TEXT WILL BE RECEIVED BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT; OR (E) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, NEEDS, GOALS OR EXPECTATIONS. YOUR USE OF LAWSAFE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH LAWSAFE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING LAWSAFE WITH NO REFUND. OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW AND NOT OTHERWISE LEGALLY WAIVED HEREIN, WE WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON LAWSAFE CONTENT, ADVICE OR REPRESENTATIONS OR ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY LAWSAFE REPRESENTATIVES OR INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS WHO MAY ASSIST YOU IN SETTING UP OR MAINTAINING YOUR LAWSAFE, NOR ASSISTANCE OR ACCESS BY MEMBERS OF YOUR CIRCLE OF TRUST. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR USEFULNESS OF ANY AND ALL DOCUMETS, DATA AND INFORMATION UPLODATED OR ENTER INTO YOUR LAWSAFE, OR ANY SUCH ITEMS THAT ARE NOT UPLOADED OR ENTER, OR ANY CHOICES OR ELECTIONS YOU MAKE WITH YOUR LAWSAFE, ITS FEATURES, SETTINGS, OPTIONS, CHOICE OF CIRCLE OF TRUST MEMBERS, AND FUNCTIONALITY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU SEEK THE ADVICE OF INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE SET UP, MAINTENANCE AND USE OF LAWSAFE.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS/MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, PROFESSIONAL OR OTHER USERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY MEMBER OF YOUR CIRCLE OF TRUST, NOR YOUR SUCCESSORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, NOR YOUR ESTATE OR TRUST BENEFICIARIES, FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO (I) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, LAWSAFE, (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR LOSS, CORRUPTION OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION, DATA, TRANSMISSIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION, (III) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION) (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR USING THE SERVICES, (V) OUR ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS IN RELIANCE UPON YOUR ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND ANY CHANGES THERETO OR NOTICES RECEIVED THEREFROM, (VI) YOUR FAILURE TO PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR INFORMATION OR ANY PASSCODES OR ACCESS RIGHTS TO YOUR ACCOUNT, (VII) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY USING OR INTEGRATING WITH LAWSAFE OR (VIII) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO LAWSAFE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, GOODWILL, LOST BUSINESS, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, USE, DATA, SALES, COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES OF ANY KIND HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF LAWSAFE OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Dispute Resolution. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, including its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State Courts of Oakland County, Michigan or Federal Courts of Detroit, Michigan.
11. Modification. We may modify, amend, change or replace any of the terms, conditions or provisions of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend or discontinue any Content, feature or functionality of LawSafe at any time by replacing these Terms of Service on the website, by sending you a notice via email and/or placing notice of same prominently on our website. It is your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes, and to keep your email address current. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of LawSafe without notice or liability. Your continued use of LawSafe following notification of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes. If you disagree with the new Terms of Service, please stop using LawSafe (but, before doing so, you may want to download your Documents and Information). In the unlikely event that we discontinue LawSafe, we will notify you to allow you reasonable time to download your Documents and Information so you may make alternative arrangements for its storage.
a. Pronouns. References to a user, or to “you” or “your,” include any user of LawSafe in the capacity of a professional user like an attorney, accountant or financial advisor, a user for whose benefit Documents and Information are stored, and users who are members of such people’s Circle of Trust, whether they have paid consideration to LawSafe or not.
c. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms of Service where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
d. Waiver and Severability. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instances does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
e. Assignment. These Terms of Service are personal to you, and you may not assign, transfer or sublicense any of your rights or obligations under these Terms of Service without LawSafe’ express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
f. No Relationship. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
g. Cancellation and Termination. You may cancel your Account and manually export your Documents and Information at any time. LawSafe may also suspend or terminate your Account if you violate these Terms of Service. We may attempt to notify you before suspending or terminating your Account so that you can export or delete your Documents and Information, but we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your Account in certain circumstances, such as causing harm to another user, disrupting other users’ use of the Services, or causing LawSafe potential legal liability.
h. Notices. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service, all notices under these Terms of Service will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when (i) receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile email; (ii) received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; or (iii) the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery or recognized overnight delivery service.
Effective Date: July 7, 2019
Last Updated: April 5, 2021
You may contact us at the following address:
LawSafe Systems, LLC
2250 Butterfield Drive, Suite 240
Troy, Michigan 48084